Questions? Comments? Suggestions or Ideas? Contact me at:
cynspiration [at] gmail [dot] com

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Halloween 2010 Part 2

Costumes again. But this gets better and better. I'd like to introduce this years concept...

Do you recognize them?

My oldest wants to be SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!!!
His favorite color is BLUE and he believes himself to be the FASTEST runner ever. I am frequently told that NO ONE can run faster than him. Do you think Usein Bolt would let a 4 year old beat him???



His brother wants to be KNUCKLES

Because his favorite color is RED and 
he has to be like his brother! 



It makes sense then, if two kids match the third needs to follow the theme as well, So the baby at almost 1 year old will be TAILS! He doesn't have a favorite color yet, but his older brothers are pushing Yellow.




THE PLAN: 
Maybe I am optimistic, but I think these will be relatively easy costumes.  I intend to use a basic sleeper pattern for each child, but I will skip the ribbing around the neck and make a slight alteration that will put the zipper in the back. Each sleeper will be made from anti pill fleece (I am really hoping that Hancock Fabrics has a sale on fleece again this year, last year their sale saved me at least 50%!!) I will also not put feet on the sleepers, but will put ribbing around the ankles, this will allow tennis shoes to be worn and then covered to match the correct characters. Large gloves will be added to keep hands warm and finish off the look.

I will also make head pieces using the pattern base that I used for Bowser's head last year, with a few alterations and stuffing I should be able to achieve the right look for each of their heads. I have my work cut out for me!

I hope you are getting as excited for Halloween as I am!!

* I am still really hoping to have a Halloween Picture Parade of past costumes you all have made.  If you would like to participate, please email your submissions to me at cynspiration[at]gmail[dot]com.

1 comment:

Jenna and Drew said...

I'm so excited to see the finished products!! I'm just glad I don't have to make one too! You know if we stayed Brooklyn would want to join in the theme! Good luck with all 3 costumes!