Questions? Comments? Suggestions or Ideas? Contact me at:
cynspiration [at] gmail [dot] com

Monday, September 27, 2010

The only kind of Brownies I will eat!

Missed me? I have missed posting and crafting myself, and I will be working on plenty soon! This summer was full of adventure, want a taste of what we were up to?
Photobucket
That is right! J and H being lowered into a lave tube that is now an ICE CAVE! I didn't actually attend this event as I would have died from sheer panic if I had had to witness this, but couldn't spend the time blogging because the car battery died and I had to drive 90 minutes one way to be the rescue party. Sounds like I got my own adventure out of it!
*****************
Upcoming projects:
3 Halloween costumes for my boys, plan found here.
A reader contacted me praising the Bowser costume I made for J last year and requested that I make another one for her 5 yr old son, I am all too happy (or crazy if you ask the MR.) to oblige. Photos of the process will be taken!
*****************
For today's post I thought I would share something I like to create that makes my tummy feel wonderful! Sheet cake Brownies! Now, I am not a Brownie person or a chocolate person in general, but these brownies get me every time. They are easy and Yummy! 

1 stick butter(1/2 cup)
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp soda
1 tsp salt

Boil butter, cocoa, oil, and water together. After the mixture gets to a rolling boil, remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Beat well, (I use my hand mixer) and pour into a greased floured cookie sheet. Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes. Toothpick should come out clean.

When ten minutes have passed in the cooking time, make the frosting. The brownies will need to be frosted immediately. Make frosting by boiling 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/3 cup milk. When this has reached rolling boil, remove from heat and add 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1 cup chopped nuts(opt- we have allergies so these pics are without nuts. Beat well (I use my hand mixer here too). When the brownies come out of the oven, frost and let cool. Tastes great served warm with vanilla ice cream...or eaten the next day for Breakfast while the kids eat a more wholesome meal. 

No comments: