Questions? Comments? Suggestions or Ideas? Contact me at:
cynspiration [at] gmail [dot] com

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bean Bags!

Bean Bags are so much fun, and my boys LOVE them. So for Christmas this year I decided to make them their own set. I discovered, Bean Bags may be one of the easiest things to make ever. (I had a great picture taken of a nice pile of bean bags that will have to come later...I am on a borrowed computer right now, mine won't connect to the internet.) Let's Begin.
Photobucket
I cut 20 rectangles of fabric, each 7" by 4".
Photobucket
Because I didn't want to spend a long time pinning, I pressed each in half matching 4" sides.
Photobucket
Start on one side and sew around your square, leaving an opening for turning and filling. Make sure to backstitch at each start/stop point.
Photobucket
Clip your corners. 
Photobucket
Turn Right side out.
Photobucket
Fill with beans. (Aren't my dry red beans pretty?)
Photobucket
Hand stitch the opening closed.
Photobucket
And Viola, finished! Repeat 19 more times. 
Photobucket
I really had fun with this project, and am so excited to give them to my boys for Christmas, I almost dropped the ball yesterday. J came in while I was filling the bags, and asked me who they were for. "...the kids at church..." I answered. He believed me and then politely requested that I make him some. I asked what he would do with bean bags.
"Practice throwing them into things."

So, now that I have a nice quantity of bean bags, I need to make some containers. I'll let you know how they work out!

What are you doing for your Home made Holidays?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute! I think the boys will have so much fun with those!

Unknown said...

Cute! This is such a fantastic idea and so much fun!

I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my 1st giveaway!

http://theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com/2010/12/v8-ambition-giveaway.html