Questions? Comments? Suggestions or Ideas? Contact me at:
cynspiration [at] gmail [dot] com

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bean Bag Toss Bins!

Today's post is really an extension of yesterdays post. Yesterday we made bean bags and I mentioned that J wanted to practice throwing them into things, I knew that I needed to accompany the beanbags with some bins.
Photobucket
I stopped by Ace and picked up these plastic paint containers. I purchased three sizes, 5 quart, 2.5 quart, and 1 quart, for only $8. I like the difference in size because it will give the boys some variety. But I didn't like the look of all the Ace writing and mention of fill lines. 
Photobucket
I had a lot of fabric left over from the felt playhouse that I made(take a look if you haven't seen it, it is really cool!!), and decided it was time to use some of it. I measured the containers and trimmed the felt to size. Using a hot glue gun, I slowly wrapped the felt all the way around the container. I added a border and then a number.

The numbers are so that the kids can try for points. I want to point out that I intentionally gave the largest container the highest point value. I know it is normally done in reverse, but I was sensitive to the fact that my boys are young and I wanted to reward them for what they will be good at.
Photobucket
I am really happy with the way they turned out! What do you think? I can't wait to give this gift to the boys, I know they will be so excited!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the way they look! I think it's totally great, and your boys are going to love it!